Here are some interesting stats about Kickstarter campaigns from Appsblogger.com:
- 41% of kickstarter projects fail
- The most popular and competitive projects (based on the number of projects submitted) are film and video (this gives me hope!), music (no. 2), publishing (no. 3), art (no. 4) and theater (no. 5). Technology placed in the no. 12 spot.
- The average duration of a successful campaign is 38 days. The average for an unsuccessful campaign is 43 days. Less is more.
- Successful projects average $5487 as their goal. Unsuccessful projects average $16,365 as their goal. Less is more!
- 8.5% of funded projects receive more than double their goal.
A good way to get the word out about your Kickstarter project is through email marketing and these articles offer some helpful tips on how to get started. Also take a look at my article, 5 Musts for A Killer Kickstarter Campaign.
And stay tuned for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign for The ARK Report!