I’m reading right now Tim Ferriss book The 4-Hour Workweek. It’s so inspiring me to save more then 50% of my time. We waste a lot of time on being super unproductive. I have made a list of the most interesting things that I learned from the book, and I’ll apply them to my own workflow.
I want to do so much:
-writing blog posts
-spending quality time with my fam
-doing extensive research on marriage
A day just doesn’t have enough hours for me to complete everything. So here is my little secret how I manage it, and it has served me very well so far.
Here are my notes:
1. COLD CALLS
- If you do have to make cold calls make them between 8-8.30am and 6-6.30 pm. You will usually
pass by the secretaries and get straight to the bosses and people in power for your goal to reach
2. TASK LISTS
- put the task list on paper, not in your computer, keep it in you pant pockets
- put on it two mission-critical items to complete for the day
- create impossibly short deadlines to keep you super-focused. The less time you have the more you focus.
4. HOW TO READ 200% FASTER IN 10 MINUTES PRACTICE
1. 2min. use a pen and trace under each line as you read
2. 3min. focus from the third word beginning and ending the line to shorten eye movement (this optimizes peripheral vision)
3. 2min. just take two snapshots of each line and try to understand what you read. No long, continuous eye movements, just two snap shots
4. 3min. practice reading TOO fast with the above techniques
For five days stick to the following diet;
- NO news, magazines, audiobooks, radio
- NO pleasure watching, films etc.
- NO reading books
- NO websurfing unless its super necessary for the important work task
Now you’re wondering what to do with your time. Everything you’ve ever wanted to.
6. THE ART OF NOT FINISHING
-Don’t finish what you have begun to read, to watch.
-Stop whatever it is you’re doingif it doesn’t bring you closer to your big goals.
7. CHECKING EMAIL 2x A DAY
- check your email ONLY twice a day
- have an autoresponder saying:
“Thanks for you email.
Due to high workload, I am currently checking and responding to email twice daily.
If you require urgent assistance (please assure it is urgent) that cannot wait please contact me via phone at +1 646 770 1703.
Thank you for understanding this move to more efficiency and effectiveness that helps me to accomplish more to serve you better.
Have you read Ferriss’s book
? What steps have you taken in order to save time?
P.S. IF YOU LIKE THIS POST AND WANT MORE PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG. JUST OPT IN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE.
Like what you saw here? Leave a comment below letting us know. And sign up to get our email newsletters so you never miss a beat! Sign up here.